Friday, August 17, 2007

No car again!


In May this year i bought myself a cheap little run-around called Crystal. She is a light blue 4 door, K reg ford fiesta. I was so happy to have an economic car that basically got me from A to B. Now she wont get from A to anywhere. Tuesday 7th July 2007, or Wednesday 8th july at 1.15am, I was woken by the police. I actually felt physically sick because anytime i have police knock on my door it is usually very grim news, when i heard the words. "I am sorry but we have some bad news" my stomach turned. We have just caught a man driving your car. Thank god it was just my car and not another member of my family dead. Well i had to make a statement and await a letter in the post to say that i could collect my car from the compound. When i contacted the compound i was told it was going to cost me £105.00 to retrieve my car. I could not believe it. My car gets stolen taken by the police for forensic evidence then I, ME, must pay or i do not get the car back. Every day it is held in the compound incures a £12 per day charge. The ignition barrel was damaged, the back passenger window was smashed and the front wheel looks like it should be on a cartoon car, it is so bent. I swear if any of my children ever take something from another person i will string them up myself. It would be so silly for me to claim on my car insurance as i have 13 years without ever claiming, plus my car was valued by my insurers for only £280.00 even though i paid £350.00. So, as you can imagine i am not a happy bunny at the moment.

1 Comments:

Blogger misteejay said...

The only folk who benefit from insurance claims are insurance brokers...

On a happier note, the page for last nights crop was great and I have now reprinted the photos so they will fit, lol. Look forward to animaly type LO for next time. Toni :o)

3:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home