Saturday, June 17, 2006

The race of life


On Sunday the 11th of June i entered a 5K run for cancer research race of life for women. My friends entered last year and i missed the booking time so had to run this year, ther was the option of walking, jogging or running, seeing as i started training in January i decided i should be fit enough to run. The max i run when i train is 1 mile sometimes i attempt the 2 mile but struggled. On the morning of the race i turned up on my own (ahh billy no mates) and watched the Essex fm road show until the race started. Ther were 5000 odd ladies turned up for the race and i must have come in the first 60 runners (not bad huh). The feeling you get when you cross that finish line is amazing, i ran in 32 minutes not bad time for 3 miles. It must have been the hottest day of the year i was soaking sweaty and nearly passed out in the plastic toilet cubicle.
It was a bit emotional when a lady with her husband broke down in tears when the minutes silence to those who had died, were suffering and had recovered from cancer was held, that was it, i started blubbering too. I set my target sponser to £50 and i was pleased to make it, such a worthwhile cause. I went straight onto my artbase crop which was held on the same day (i am a nerd who could not miss a day to scrapbook) when i got there my rear end was saturated from the heat and i walked in looking hot sweaty and cream crackered, Margaret was so kind as to take some snap shots of me in the garden and this is the layout that i completed from my snaps. I would run it again to know that any little i can do is worthwhile. I am not loving the layout too much it was one of those LO created when the creativity was low. x

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicola said...

well done sweaty bum!!

9:25 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

well done you its a fantastic thing to do and such a worthy cause!!!

8:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home